Western Radiator Co.
CLOSED NOW - Opens at 8:00am
3050 Pennsylvania Ave, Ogden, UT 84401
When MR ripped off brought his tank in he was informed by Chris, worked here more than 30 years, that we could clean the tank but once it was clean it would get surface rust in it unless we coated the inside. believe it or not it costs more money. We do hundreds on tanks a year I think we know how they turn out. If someone is willing to get a 600 dollar paint job one would think they would want to do the job right the first time. Sometimes people only hear what they want to hear.
DON'T take your motorcycle tank to be cleaned from these people! I took a vintage motorcycle tank (40yrs+) in to have cleaned, and they ruined my tank! The tank had very minimal surface rust in a few spots and had a little varnish in the bottom which I wanted to clean out prior to getting a $600 paint job on my tank. When I took my tank in the gentleman said that it was in "pretty good" condition. I asked them to call when it was finished, but days later I finally had to call them and they said "yes it's finished". Was it ever. When I showed up I found my tank lying on the floor just inside the door. It was filthy and the filler neck was covered with duct tape. To my horror when I picked it up and peeled back the tape my tank was FULL of rust and oil. I asked them what was going on and they couldn't say. They told me that they could not stop it from rusting after "cleaning" it,so they put oil it to stop the rust from coming back. If that wasn't bad enough they then informed me that to help drain the tank they had to drill a hole in my vintage tank and placed a drain in it to help it drain. Mind you without contacting me to get my approval to alter my gas tank. The gentleman was apologetic about this but said they didn't know why it was rusting. After picking myself up off the floor I asked them to re clean it while I wait. They agreed. They said that the only way they could stop it was to seal it afterword for an additional $40. After cleaning it they blew it dry with an air hose. It was rust free. I took it home let it dry in the sun the filled it with oil. It has a small amount of flash rust now after the drive home. I couldn't be more disappointed with my experience with this company. Nothing like paying someone $70 dollars to rust your tank worse than it was when you brought it in, and drilling holes in it as well. Go here at your own risk.
More Business Info
Auto airconditioning & heating repair & service. Radiator & Gas tank repairs.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat - Sun Closed
- All Makes of Radiators In-Stock
- Heater Cores & Water Pump Replacement
- Heater Cores & Water Pumps Replaced
- New Complete Radiators
- Auto Air Conditioning Service & Repairs
- Auto Air Conditioning Installation
- Gas Tanks Repaired
- Gas Tank Repairs
- Parts Exchange
- Service & Repair
- Air Conditioning Service & Repair
- Auto Heaters
- Complete Auto Air Conditioning
- Acdelco, Acura, American Racing, Audi, B&m, Bendix, Bmw, Borgwarner, Bosch, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Gmc, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes-benz, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Porsche, Saab, Saturn, Scion, Subaru, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo
- Payment method
- mastercard, discover, cash, debit, visa
- Airport-Industrial Park
- Social Links
- Movers & Full Service Storage, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Air Conditioning Service & Repair, Auto Repair & Service, Automobile Air Conditioning Equipment, Automobile Parts & Supplies, Movers, Radiators Automotive Sales & Service, Radiators-Repairing & Rebuilding, Self Storage