04/26/2021Provided by YP.com
Our A/C was running and air was cold but it was making a strange sound every 15 minutes like it was struggling to engage. Called on a Monday morning and were scheduled for that Friday. Was charged $150 to replace two wires, which was reasonable. Was told we needed Freon and have the outdated formula. Cost was $140 per pound. This was all fine. Our dissatisfaction comes when without giving us any indication of the amount of chemical would be needed the repairman poured 5 pounds into our unit. We paid $850. He then said they would give us a good deal on a new unit. We feel it’s very unprofessional to have used so much Freon without asking if we were willing to accept the cost. If you pour in one pound and realize it is going to need more it seems like the trust worthy thing to do would be to ask if the customer wants more. The lady in the office did confirm that the service man is able to pour a pound at a time, allow the system to stabilize and then determine if more is needed. We just felt really scammed after this experience. Both ladies I dealt with in the office were nice and professional. Hoping when hot weather hits our system will be up to speed, since I don’t know yet gave 1 star for expertise. My advice is to ask a lot of questions and be very clear about cost before you let Baileys do your repairs because they will not disclose it up front.
03/11/2020Provided by YP.com
We just had Bailey's Heating and Air, Modesto, CA replace our 31 year old HVAC system.
First they came to our house, and checked the air flow and leakage in all of our ducts. We had a 30% leakage.
Second, they took this data back to their office, and ran a computer model to see what size Trane air unit and furnace would be required.
Mitch teaches this analysis technique to others for PG&E in Stockton.
After sizing our requirements for our 2100 sf house, they started building
a larger intake manifold out of sheet metal, and came back to install
our new units, reduced the duct leakage from 30% to 8.8%, and added
1ft-5inches more insulation over the entire 2nd story of our house.
All this was done in 4 days, by very competent people.
BHA also set up the required inspection by the City of Tracy,
which we needed to get our PG&E rebate, which BHA completed the forms and submitted.
Stanley D. Hiatt, PE
09/19/2019Provided by YPmobile
These guys are honest and very professional at their craft. I highly recommend this company.
07/04/2013Provided by YP.com
I am so grateful to Mitch the President of Baileys. Our ac broke. I had another company come out and told me it is not worth fixing the ac and it should just be replaced. I asked Baileys to come give me a second opinion through Lowes. Mitch gave me a quote which was half the price of the other company, but they were able to fix the ac at a fraction of the cost. We have had a week of terrible heat wave of 100 degrees + and we have had no problems. I would recommend Baileys to anyone.
09/04/2012Provided by YPmobile
I’ve been trying to live without an a/c for a few years because I couldn’t afford a new one. But I am so happy I heard about Bailey’s through Wells Fargo. I was able to set up a payment plan that I could afford. Now my family and I can relax comfortably in our home.
More Business Info
You've got a friend in the business.
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat - Sun Closed
- Air Conditioning Repair & Installation, Heating Repair & Installation, H.V.A.C. Services, Residential Heating & Cooling, Preventative Maintenance, Equipment Parts & Replacement, H.V.A.C. Contractor
- Payment method
- check, cash, amex, discover, master card, visa
- Come down and visit our showroom with fully operational equipment and whole house fans! We're next to the river- head SOUTH on 9th Street over the bridge and turn RIGHT onto River Road. We're right next to Pepsi Bottling- can't miss us!
- We offer in-house sheet metal fabrication and have a showroom with fully installed and operational A/C and heating equipment (ranging from standard- to high-efficiency), wifi-enabled smart thermostats, and whole house fans.
- English, Portuguese, Spanish
Trane Comfort Specialist
Better Business Bureau
Air Conditioning Contractors of America
- Furnaces-Heating, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Air Conditioning Service & Repair, Furnace Repair & Cleaning, Heat Pumps, Heating Contractors & Specialties, Heating Equipment & Systems