Photos & VideosBe the first to add a photo!
10/25/2016Provided by YP.com
I give this bad rating only because of the owner is a Meglomaniac. I won't go in to detail, but I do have detail. Those details are in the form of a "conversation" I had with this owner via text. He blew a gasket because I did not respond to one of his emails, and then he kicked me out of the house.I was given 1 hour to pack my things. the owner said, "Bro, you better take it (my belongings) with you or you will be picking them up in front of the house tomorrow. And he did not just do that, he cursed at me and berrated my character. He is quite a looney bird. But he did me a favor by getting me out of that negative environment. The place is run in sort of a militant style where this creepy guy that is the manager follows your every move. and when you make a mistake, say, leave a dish in the sink, he is quick to hand you a "write up". This manager has a power trip complex. And the funny thing about it is that all of the residents feel the same way. But they are afraid to speak up for fear of the "looney bird" owner might throw them out also. There are many other details, but that will give you the basic feel of the place. expect to walk on egg shells.
10/06/2008Provided by YP.com
In my opinion as a person who had trouble with drugs and alcohol at a young age, going to a treatment center may not be enough. Sure they can get you off alcohol and drugs, but learning how to deal with life on life’s terms is even more important. I now have 18 years “clean”.
Herbert House is a residential sober home where people can get the support they need on a daily basis while they either merge back into their lives or start from fresh. The grounds are really nice, they have meetings, and the staff is awesome.
More Business Info
- Regular Hours
Mon: Tue - Fri: Sat:
- Extra Phones
- Payment method
- amex, cash, check, discover, master card, visa
- South Mar Vista, Mar Vista, West Los Angeles
- Men Only (ages 25+)
- Private Rooms = $2,750 per month and Shared Rooms = $1,750 per month
- Herbert House accepts major credit cards
- ALL THE COMFORTS OF HOME: Fully equipped kitchens, hi-speed internet access, washer and dryer, big screen televisions, computers available for guest use, workout & fitness area, enclosed yard & bbq area, parking, etc.
- Attorney/legal documentation program available to provide proof of guests efforts toward positive change in an effort to produce favorable ruling
- All guests may have cell phones, private computers, and vehicles
- Good strong community of supportive men involved in their recovery processes and active lifestyles including: participation with one another in various outdoor activities
- A 90-day minimum stay recommended, but not required
- REQUIREMENTS: Must be sober to enter and agree to weekly on-sight and lab drug & alcohol testing
- All modalities of treatment are welcome: 12 step, Agape, Rational Recovery, Holistic, etc.
- Two (2) weekly in-house meetings required
- Minimal structure and oversight
- CURFEW: Sun-Thu 12 am,Fri & Sat 1 am
- On-sight live in management
- Staff/Management offer over 52 combined years of 12 Step sober experience.
Herbert House Sober Living Residence
- Drug Abuse & Addiction Centers, Alcoholism Information & Treatment Centers
- Other Information
By Appointment Only: Yes
Specialties: Abuse Recovery, Drug & Alcohol Addictions, Adc, Substance Abuse Counseling, Chemical Abuse, Addiction Counseling, Habit Control, Compulsions, Drug & Alcohol Abuse