08/02/2013Provided by YPmobile
Do Not use them. I am going to have to file litigation against them to get my broken items fixed because they will not follow through on their commitment to fix my items.
I hired a 3 man crew & only 2 showed up. They came back the next day promising a 3 man crew, nope.
The crew guys are respectful but the owner Ron & Art do not meet their commitments, will lie to you telling you they will & then will never call back ....
Don't use them, period.
07/08/2013Provided by YP.com
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! When they break your items THEY WILL NOT REPLACE/REPAIR! They will lie, dodge your phone calls, not answer the phone, and never get back to you.
I opened a case with the Better Business Bureau because this company moved me a couple of weeks ago. When they wrapped my TV in a blanket with the stand still attached and the weight of my TV bent the stand. When they got it to my house the TV would not even stand upright. The guys acted like they would fix it once they were done, but they didn't. They brought the last of my items up, put my bed together and peaced out. I called the owner/manager, Art, the next day and he was very helpful on the phone, told me he would get a tech out there in THREE DAYS to take care of it. I asked him if it could be done any sooner because now I was without a functional TV. He said he would check and call me back. Then I never heard from him again.
I have left roughly three voicemails and called every day. They don't pick up the phone anymore or their voice mail is full. Convenient. I opened up a case with the Better Business Bureau to try and help the matter, only to get an email back saying "We have received returned mail on the most recent available address for this company and will not be able to process your complaint any further. Returned mail can be due to a number of reasons, including the company refusing to accept mail from the BBB."
Big Dog Movers has a link on their website that says they have a A+ rating on BBB, but when you go to BBB they actually have a complaint that says this company uses their accreditation WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION. It says on the BBB website they have asked Big Dog Movers to take it down, with no response.
This company is a freaking scam! I can not believe I did not check these reviews out before I moved. Please, please, do not use this company. They're "cheaper" but absolutely not worth any money at all.
This company is a scam. I will be looking into pursuing them in small claims court because it is the right thing to do. It sickens me to think they most likely do this to everyone they move.
06/19/2013Provided by YP.com
DO NOT USE!!
I used this company for a house to house move in June 2013. Below are the list of issues I had / continue to have...
1. The called me on the day of the move to ask how big my move was, type of furniture, etc. I had given this information to them two weeks ago! This resulted in not having a big enough truck(s), which meant we had to make two trips to move everything!!
2. They showed up 2 hours late and had a variety of excuses why. It got to the point where I could not get a hold of them and was frantically trying to find another mover.
3. They took shortcuts on wrapping my furniture properly, which resulted in dinged/scuffed up furniture and floors.
4. They broke an expensive piece of furniture, and did not come to a scheduled appointment to compensate / fix the damages. They did not even bother to call to reschedule. I had to call several times over multiple days and get angry before they finally returned my call. The owner/manager promised, after I finally got a hold of him, that he would call me back the next day to resolve the issue. Of course, he did not call. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and am seeking legal action against the company.
5. TERRIBLE customer service - very unprofessional.
FIND SOMEONE ELSE. They are NOT accredited by BBB. They will not return our calls!!
06/17/2013Provided by YP.com
Horrible company. First they push my move back an entire day because a move before mine "took too long". They were 2 hours late on the day they said they would be there. Finally when they did show up they were very quick to get stuff packed into the truck. However when we arrived at my new place they scratched the hell out of my coffee table. And on top of all of it dropped and broke my 51" flat screen tv. They are going to replace it....
I have been in constant phone tag with the owner Art and he has dodged my calls to the point I have had to call every 30 min for him to answer and now he wont even answer my phone calls or return my voicemails.
It has been over a week since this has happened and nothing has been resolved. I just keep getting the run around and at this point I am ready to take legal actions against this joke of a company.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Also they are NOT accredited by the Better Business Bureau as their website would lead you to believe.