02/07/2012Provided by YP.com
I have a few things that I wish I would have known about before signing up for a year-long contract:
1) There are not enough parking spots, so if it's full - they WILL tow you for parking in a future resident spot/guest parking spot, even if you have no other choice. It's their fault, but they do not care.
2) There is no normal process for reporting maintenance issues. You have to be able to catch a management person - and half of the complaints will go forgotten or ignored.
3) There is a lack of essential items one would expect in an apartment: No freezer, no oven, no drawer for silverware, no deadbolt on your door, no peephole. Also, the door is not set on the frame correctly so you must slam it just to close it. The air conditioner unit needs to be wrapped up in the winter or it will let in cold night all day and night. The heater is unpredictable and doesn't correlate with how you set the thermostat.
4) There is a mysterious coffee shop project that seems to have been going on in the main floor for quite a while now but it's very uncertain when it will actually be finished (if EVER).
5) The emergency maintenance number is a joke - no one answers your calls. If you get locked out at night, it's on you. Security doesn't seem to have much authority/knowledge on how to fix any kinds of situations (all they seem to be there for is to call the tow truck).
6) Whoever posted positive comments with regard to the "game room" is definitely kidding himself or herself. It consists of some out-dated arcade games and pool tables if I remember correctly - and it all costs money to use. I have never seen a single person use this room. It is a waste of space.
I am very happy with the friendly attitude of the staff, management, and janitor - but there really are a lot of issues with living here that should not be overlooked when coming to a decision on where to live.
05/04/2013Provided by YP.com
People looking for an apartment, do not live here. I thought it would be perfect, being so close to campus; however, it's not a safe place to live. The doors do not have any sort of real lock, like a dead bolt. Someone could easily break in with a credit card. All my neighbors do is blare rap music and smoke pot, so much so that the smoke comes through my vents. The "security guards" do not do their job. I heard one guard telling two young men that if he saw someone breaking into one of our vehicles, he wouldn't do anything about it. Quote "This is a bad area. I'm not risking my life by going outside at night." Ummm? Isn't that the job of a security guard? To protect the grounds? The heating is terrible in the winter too. The pictures make the place look nice, but when I moved in my apartment was filthy. There was so much dust on my window blinds that the blinds literally looked gray rather than white. The elevators break down constantly and alarms go off on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, the alarms are going off now. One time, the alarms started going off on a Saturday morning and it wasn't fixed until Monday. The main internet connection is terrible. I have a router, but it still messes with my connection. At least two times a week I have internet access problems. I cannot wait until my lease is up, so I can move to a safer apartment building. If you're a student, business person, or someone who relies on a quiet, peaceful apartment building, look elsewhere. University studios is not the place for you.
03/21/2013Provided by YP.com
Lies. I've lived here for 3 years and have problems ever since. 1. My tub backs up. I woke up one morning and there was sewer water in my tub. They drained it, but left ME to clean up the mess. 2. Management sucks. Have had 7 different managers in 3 years and they are all incompetent. 3. The fire alarm will go off for hours, at all hours of the night for no damn reason. As a matter of fact its going off right now and has been for 74 minutes. Not a flame in sight. 4. They tore a hole in in my wall to fix a "leaky pipe" in June of 2010. Didn't patch up the whole until March of 2011. 5. They will tow your car. Had MY car towed as a mistake and had to pay $144 to get it out. 6. Security is a joke. One guy slept in his car his entire shift every night. 7. My boyfriend was getting bit by some sort of bug. Took management, a YEAR before management got an exterminator to come to us. Don't live here. $700 for a studio apt is crazy. Do yourself a favor, find somewhere else to live.
02/27/2013Provided by YP.com
I do not recommend this place for many reasons. It is overpriced. The room is not functional (it is for show-- there is no space for dishes-- there is no freezer or oven--the closet is next to the kitchenette which results in clothes smelling like food--there is no security guards anymore--there is no parking even though you pay 50.00 for an assured spot each month-- you get towed if you are forced to park in a reserved spot--management staff are rude) This is just my opinion and I cannot speak for anyone else. I personally do not feel at home here, especially since the manager threatened my livelihood by threatening to tow my vehicle. I was forced to park in a reserved spot due to unauthorized (unstickered/nonpaying) cars completely filling up the parking lot. I wrote her a note about the situation and why I had to park there and she threatened to have my vehicle towed. I tried to talk about my options for when that situation happens and she had none to give me. I do not feel secure here anymore and feel a lot of anxiety about if I'm going to find a spot after work at night or if I'm going to be forced into a reserved spot again and be towed. I shouldn't feel this way in MY HOME that I pay 660.00 dollars for every month. I can't wait to leave... but you decide
More Business Info
- BBB Rating
- Regular Hours
Mon - Fri: Sat - Sun Closed
- Extra Phones
- Payment method
- amex, mastercard, visa, discover
- Downtown Cleveland
University Studio Apartments
- Apartments, Apartment Finder & Rental Service
- Other Information