St. Vincent de Paul invites our community and members to educate themselves through Worship, Parish Life and various outreach opportunities. Our Parish and School continues to grow our ministries, offerings and events. All that we do is directed toward building up the body of Christ through our parish mission to Know and Celebrate our Catholic Faith, Love God and our neighbor and Serve as disciples of Jesus Christ.
St. Vincent de Paul was founded in 1864. This facility was built on Main Street Osseo on land donated by Peter Gervais. As the parish grew the sanctuary was enlarged and sacristy added in 1880. A new steeple was added in 1890 to house the existing bell that had been purchased in the year 1865. In 1921 a third structure was built to house 420 people at the cost of $63,000.00. At this time only 105 families were in the parish. A school opened in 1952.
Our current church was dedicated on June 10, 1989 across the street now located in Brooklyn Park at the cost of 3.6 million and holds 1,500 people. A new school, gymnasium, kitchen and dining hall were added in 1998-99. Six additional classrooms were added in 2002.
St. Vincent de Paul parish is now composed of 3,615 households, 11,955 persons drawn from Osseo, Maple Grove, Brooklyn Park, Champlin and Dayton.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS (14)