Please don't move here! by
Vee Carlotta -
When we first moved into this place, we rented a studio apartment. The neighborhood is horrendous. From drug-dealers to shouting matches in the streets. We've had to call the police on our neighbors at least three times. At one point, we thought that one of our neighbors was being killed. The screaming was bad and since the walls are so thin, you could actually hear things being thrown around. There is no privacy within this place. Children, left unattended, would hurl rocks at the windows of the residences. When we informed the staff at the office, they seemed disinterested. Their reaction was to do nothing. I had to notify the police myself to report the kids. Fireworks are often set off within the yards, despite it being illegal to do so in this state. The laundry facilities are often broken, but you don't know this until you put money into the machine and it doesn't turn on. Be prepared to lose your money as you will not be compensated. We ended up moving into a two-bedroom apartment here afterwards. The paint that they use for the walls is very cheap, and it's constantly peeling. Mold quickly builds up around each window. When I told the office about this problem, they said they'd have a painter out there. It has now been over four months since I first told them about the issue. This apartment complex is ancient. But the wiring has never been updated, nor has the plumbing it seems. There is a light switch in our living room that does not work and never has. The wiring within our bedroom is so shoddy that lightbulbs burn out frequently. We have to replace the light bulb at least twice a month. When you're taking a shower and somewhere in the apartment complex someone else is using water, the shower water will turn scalding and then icy cold. Without fail, this happens every single time someone takes a shower. Despite the faucet heads being replaced, the sinks still leak. Due to the cheapness of the paint, there is water damage on the walls within the bathroom. Even on the walls far, far away from the shower. Then there are bugs. Roaches everywhere. Even in the winter, there are roaches. Baby roaches, adult roaches. Recently, they got rid of their old exterminators and hired new ones. The problem is that the new company's employees are terribly rude. They do the same shoddy work as the last, only this time we had one of the workers throw out a can of our Raid that we purchased long ago. He just tossed it in the garbage without our permission or knowledge. We found the can in the garbage several hours later. If you don't mind bugs constantly in your place, then all the more power to you. We keep our home as clean as possible, even went through our kitchen lysol-ing the hell out of everyone. Still, they come in droves.The heat doesn't always work. Oftentimes it takes forever for it to turn on. While they replaced toilets, the water pressure isn't working well at all. So we have to constantly unclog the toilet in our place. The maintenance men are godawful. If they're not rude, they'll show up utterly drunk out of their minds. Aside from being loud and abrasive, they'll happily drag in dirt from the outside into your apartment. I had one nearly slam open one of our doors that knocked into one of our shelves. Not to mention how long they take to show up.Which is why I'm writing this review right now. All of the outlets in our kitchen fizzled out. We called the number to the apartments. They are the ones who call up emergency maintenance, not you. They're the ones who speak with one of the guys - this one's name is Victor - and they will NOT call you back to tell you what was said. So when I called a second time, all they said was that they called maintenance and he should have given us a call back.It has now been two hours. The food in the fridge is going bad. Still no sign of anyone coming, nor a call back from anyone. I'm betting we won't be compensated for the loss of our food.
Don't live here! by
Mr. Black -
I've only lived in a few apartments in my life, but this was easily the worst. My fiancé and I are really quiet and when we found a nice looking apartment in a seemingly nice neighborhood at a reasonable price we were eager to sign a lease, but it was a huge mistake. The neighborhood seems nice, but we had to call the police almost once a month for various things; like noise complaints and to report child abuse by one of the neighbors. The plumbing is extremely old and needs some major improvements. The water temperature in the shower is nearly uncontrollable and at random hours of the day the water wouldn't work at all, without any notice from the office. In addition the management and maintenance are incredibly rude and not interested in serving the tenants at all. It seems like they have really forgotten that they are the company and we are still the customers. We always paid our rent on time, kept our place clean and never had a complaint against us; however they would still
View all reviews for Sibley Manor Apartments